Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Making Lemonade...

Life has thrown my family a ton of lemons at us... my mom says we will be making a ton of lemonade.
My step-dad has been diagnosis with esophagus cancer. They caught it pretty early but he can't swallow anything... The word cancer is a pretty scary word and for some reason I always picture the devil's face when I hear that word- probably because it's so awful! Anyways growing up I hardly ever heard of anyone getting cancer and then when I came to college it's like as common as the flu or something. It just seems that more and more people are getting it. The first person I knew real well that had cancer was my seminary teacher. He was probably the most spiritual person I ever knew. When he became my teacher, he hadn't been a member very long, he just has the coolest life story about his conversion story to getting married and having the most beautiful daughters- I wish someone would write a book about him because he seriously was an amazing man.
How about some good news now?! Well Blake and I will be an uncle and aunt to Jesse and Natasha's baby BOY! I knew it was going to be a boy=) We are so excited and thrilled for them! Blake will have to put me on a tighter budget because I will want to buy him everything. This little one will be so spoiled because he has so many people that are going to love him so much! I just can't wait till he gets here!

1 comment:

  1. Talisa we are so sorry to hear about your step-dad! I hope his prognosis is good and everything will be alright! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete