Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day??

Someone/Something That Has Had A Big Impact On Me...
Brother West:
Growing up outside of Utah, I had early morning seminary. I got up around 5:30am and went to seminary at 6am. First year was exciting, second year was good, third year was tough, and fourth year I didn't think I could do it anymore but I graduated!! My first 3 years my teachers was Brother West. I only wish there were more Brother Wests in the world. My first year was his first year and he had only been a member of the Church for a couple of years before that. I learned so much from about the scriptures but also life lessons. My third year (his last year), I was behind and he offered extra credit which was helping his elderly neighbor fix up her yard a bit. I was the only one who showed up. That 2 or 3 hours were... well I don't really know how to explain it but I enjoyed every minute of it. We talked about the church and struggles in life. At the end of doing yard work he told me I would get the extra credit for helping and I told him that I no longer wanted it. He was shocked and but that's what he taught us. You shouldn't do good for a reward, you should just do good. I know I can't really tell things every good, I guess you just had to be there but I will never ever forget that time I had with Brother West. He was married and had 3 beautiful daughters. Twins Savannah and Olivia and baby Madalyn. Brother West died of Cancer (I was here in Utah), I got to talk to him before he died. It was really hard not to cry on the phone but the one thing that we talked about was "the one". He gave me some great advice about knowing whether or not that person was right for me to marry. I cried for along time when I found out he had cancer and when he died. He was the most Christ like person I have ever met. Sometimes I think about him and what he is doing... I still get teary eyed thinking that he is no longer with us, but I know we will see him again someday. I know that when I got married in the Temple, he was there=)

No comments:

Post a Comment